Coders! Dark Horse Comics Needs YOU!
Join us if you:
- Have a bright mind and a passion for software
- Have been coding in an OO language at least a year
- Know mobile (iOS and Android) or want to learn 
- An Agile/XP development environment
- Pairing and collaborative interaction
- Test-driven culture (still growing)
- FREE COMICS!
- Mobile and Digital Media experience
- Low stress, sustainable pace
To apply, send me an email with the URL to your LinkedIn profile. If you have links to Github/Bitbucket repos, portfolio sites and other examples of your work, also good. Tell us about your passion for software and one idea for how to make the comics reading experience better.
Oh! More specifics? Uh... Well, we're really more interested in finding bright intelligent people that will work hard and fit our tightnit team than in any laundry list of specific buzzwords, but...
All our developers mix tasks cutting across our project and tools so you'll be expected to work in:
- Python/Django for current web work, many frameworks and libs
- Objective-C for our Dark Horse Comics reader app  and other iOS efforts
- Java for the Android version currently in development
- PHP for legacy apps waiting to be re-tooled 
- Linux/*nix and AWS for servers, comfort with the shell is a must
- Various tools in our stuck including fabric, puppet, hudson, mercurial, , raw SQL (still!) and more
We practice facilitated code reviews (using reviewboard currently).
We use Pivotal Tracker for planning and during sprints.
We provide Macs with second monitors decked out as each of us prefer. (Dark Horse is a top to bottom Mac shop)
Most of our development happens collaboratively, so being on-site in our offices in Milwaukie is the norm, but hours and work styles are flexible. Style is very casual, come as you are.
(Did I mention the FREE COMICS!)